Thursday, February 12, 2015

This morning I got to do the waking up in my house! 
I got to wake up the boy at 6:00am, hehehe However, he did get up, bright eyed and bushy tailed- running and yelling at the top of his lungs that he was sleepy. Yeah, well, me, too. We would have still been asleep (for at least 5-15 more blissful minutes, maybe) if we hadn't had to get up and take Randy to have knee surgery done. Dang him and his stupid knee anyhow. I showered while simultaneously yelling for Randy to get out of bed, which he did just before I got out, so as to not incur the wrath of Mama. Threw clothes on us all (sweatpants and t-shirts- we went FANCY!) and made it to the surgical center with a minute to spare. Then we took off our coats settled down to wait and...then the realization...we forgot something...Oh, dear God! 





So. *sigh* We prayed to the Lord to be gentle on our souls as we waited for Daddy to get done. He talked a mile a minute about everything he could possibly imagine to cover the entire time. I tried to show him the fish. Didn't care. Tried to show him pictures on my phone. Cared even less. Fed him crackers, cookies, more crackers and goldfish. And 2 sodas. And still he talked. My ears were tired, my nerves were frazzled and my step was weary by the time they let us go back and see Daddy. Then he had to repeat everything to him he'd told me. And guess who was still hopped up on anesthesia and fed right into it and was Chatty Charlie, too? Yep, you guessed it. I had to deal with hyperactive Thing 1 and Thing 2. I told them everyone was getting some of Cody's pills when we got home. Ahhh, home...
Now the man-child has had his pills. (thank you, Jesus and Walgreens) The bigger man-child is settled on the couch with his leg up and an ice pack on and has calmed down considerably (I did give him HIS pills) and the four year old is running up and down the hall showing me how fast she is and how high she can jump. 
Three rings, here. Cue the circus music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment